Generally speaking, the freight forwarding process can be broken down into seven stages
- The first stage is transporting goods from the customer’s warehouse to the designated freight forwarders’ warehouse. In the industry, this is referred to as export haulage.
- The second stage is an evaluation and inspection that ensures all the goods have arrived successfully
- The Third Stage involves the freight forwarding company submitting all necessary documentation to custom agents.
- The fourth stage involves the process of having the goods received.
- The fifth stage involves the destination country receiving all the documentation related to the goods being transported
- The sixth stage is only possible after the above five stages are completed. This stage is the physically shipping the goods to the destination country
- The destination county receives the shipped goods.
For more information on the freight forwarding process, get in contact with our Cork freight forwarding offices today.